If you’re like the majority of people you don’t think too much about the components of a refrigerator before it stops cooling, or before it is time to buy a new model. In order to get the most use possible from this kitchen appliance it can be very useful to know how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cool—and True Baton Rouge Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Continue reading to learn all you might need to know about how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it’s time to reach out to refrigerator repair Baton Rouge.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not many houses that don’t have a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-own kitchen appliance for a lot of years now. A household refrigerator will store your food and drinks at the optimal temperature, to reduce rotting and slow down the growth of bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by distributing the warmth from the inside of the unit to the outside, using principles of evaporation and condensation.
The components of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call True Baton Rouge Appliance Repair:
A compressor is both a pump and motor, and it is need for circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the system.
The compressor is an integral piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call a professional service if the compressor isn’t working.
The condenser is located on the rear outside wall of the appliance and helps to release the heat absorbed within the refrigerator out into the surrounding air.
A evaporator is installed in the inside of the refrigerator where it absorbs warmth contained inside of it, effectively lowering the temperature inside the appliance.
Once an evaporator isn’t working, it is time to find a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquified coolant is transferred through a capillary tube which serves as an expansion device to cool the gas inside, transforming the gas into liquid.
The thermostat helps regulate the temperature within a refrigerator, engaging a new cooling cycle as appropriate.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to problems. Troubleshoot and call a contractor in Baton Rouge for service right after an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature within the refrigerator rises above the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to begin, and the next cool down begins. The refrigerator draws in the cold liquified refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit pushes the heated gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils on the outside of the appliance, at which point it comes in contact with the lower air temperature in the home and returns to a liquid state.
3. The cooled liquid then continues its journey to the evaporator, finding its way through the many coils within the refrigerator and freezer compartment.
4. The coolant then absorbs the warm air from inside the appliance, cooling the temperature until it has reached the best set point.
5. The liquid evaporates, and turns back into a gas state, and returns to the compressor unit to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often used in several applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By contracting warmth from one location and then distributing it to a different one the cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a home, creates a optimal storage space for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of a number of different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require repair? Time to schedule service with True Baton Rouge Appliance Repair.
True Baton Rouge Appliance Repair can fix nearly all popular models of refrigerators – including commercial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced repairman in Baton Rouge are trained to fix issues with cooling, malfunctioning ice makers, issues with condensation, puddles of water and leaks, light bulbs, touch controls, smart technology and countless other issues. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working